How to Sense Energy
Sensing energy is an ability that will take you time to get good at. While you can see with your eyes and hear with your ears, there is no specialized organ for sensing energy. So, how exactly do you make it work? You need to keep an open, focused mind to detect energy. Everything is energy. You have energy around and within you. The trouble is, it is much easier for you to notice the energy within your body since it is your body, but with practice, you can extend your sensing abilities beyond yourself. That said, it would be best to begin with you. Besides using your hands to feel yourself, you can use your inner awareness to feel what is going on with you. It simply requires you to direct your awareness to whatever part of your body you choose. You should start with your hands since this part of the body is very sensitive to energy.
- Stand or sit as comfortably as you can, keeping a straight back.
- Hold out your palms, keeping them at chest level and two inches apart. You want your palms to face each other.
- Pay attention to your hands, channel your awareness or attention to your palms, and notice the distance between them.
- Breathe in, and as you do, pull your palms gently away from each other.
- Breathe out as you bring them back together again.
- Keep up the breathing and hand movements, keeping your mind relaxed as you focus gently on your palms and the changing space between them. You may feel a magnetic push and pull cold, heat, pressure, electricity, tingling, or lightness.
These sensations are all your growing awareness of energy.
- When minutes have passed, drop your hands, and then inhale and exhale thrice, deeply each time.
How to Create an Energy Ball
If you have ever needed a shot of energy without the caffeine jitters you get from your favorite coffee, you will want to learn how to create an energy ball. Even more than energy, it is great because you can use it to become a better manifesto. An energy ball is made up of energy, which is the life force or prana, or chi if you prefer. You can use an energy ball to give you strength when you are feeling burned out. If you’re feeling a little ill, you can use an energy ball to make it suck less. If your pet is out of sorts, you can heal them with the energy ball. Want protection? Create an energy ball and surround yourself with it. Energy balls can also bring you closer to divine beings. Best of all, they are amazing for speeding up your manifestations.
Energy balls are actual balls of energy that you create between your hands. You’ve already had an experience of this from the earlier exercise. You can generate this energy because there are chakras on each palm. When your palm chakras are open and balanced, you’re at ease with getting compliments because you have a high sense of self-worth. You praise yourself for your amazing skills and talents and do not talk yourself down. If you’re a writer, the words flow.
You’re cool with hearing others out, even if they see things differently than you do. You know when you walk into a room whether you should be there or not. You have a sense of things and just know when something is good or not.
Here is how to create an energy ball:
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and get rid of all distractions. Ask not to be interrupted.
- Sit in a comfy position, and focus on your breath for a few minutes, until you feel at peace.
- Imagine the energy in the form of light, coming down from the crown of your head and going right into the ground just like tree roots. Imagine the earth sending up its energy through you.
- Put your palms at chest level, facing each other, with just a few inches apart. You can also put one palm over the other, if you prefer, keeping the distance between them.
- Breathe in and out deeply as you move your hands gently in a circle.
- In your mind’s eye, visualize a ball of white light starting to form in the middle of your palms. Feel its heat and magnetism.
- As you move your hands, you will start to notice that they move further and further apart.
This is because the ball is getting bigger.
- You can now program the ball with your intentions. If you want to heal yourself with it, imagine it connecting with your solar plexus chakra and feel the energy going back and forth between the ball and this chakra.
- If there’s a spot on your body that hurts, move the ball there with the intention to heal it.
- You can move the ball around your pet if they need healing or to be calmed.
- You can also visualize something you want to happen and then release the ball to go out and do your bidding.
How to Sense Chakras
- Before you begin, make sure you refer to the section on chakras to know exactly where they should be.
- Now, you’ll need a partner for this. Let them lie on a bed or a massage table if you’ve got one.
- Keep your hands above their body, just a few inches apart.
- Slowly move your hands along the middle of their body, beginning just beneath the groin, making your way up to the top of their head. As you move your hands, see if you sense any difference in energy where the chakras should be. You might see colors or pictures that tie into the chakra, but it’s more likely that you just feel the energy with your hands.
Note: The ability to sense chakras differs from one person to another. Some people feel warmth; others feel coolness. Some people get a buzz in their hands. Either way, the more you practice, the better you will get at sensing the chakras. If you find that you do not have the words to describe what you feel, that is fine. The point is that you can sense or feel something at each chakra. Some chakras will give you more information than others, and you might feel when there is an imbalance or when there’s a release. It all depends on who you are dealing with and what they’re dealing with in their life. If you don’t sense anything, do not allow yourself to be discouraged. It is okay to imagine that you do sense the chakras. Imagination will allow you to unlock your psychic abilities. Finally, do not allow yourself to be doubtful. Here is a good rule of thumb: If you think you can sense something as you practice, you sensed it. The more you trust your abilities, the better you will get.
Sensing Chakras Using a Pendulum
A pendulum is a little, weighty object that hangs from a short chain or string. Ideally, it should be something meaningful to you, something that you can visually appreciate, whether it is a crystal, stylized key, stone, or whatever else that matters. Here’s how to use it to sense chakras:
- Hold your pendulum above your chakra. Make sure it hangs above this chakra by a few inches. Wait until it gets completely still.
- After a short period, your pendulum will begin moving.
- When it moves clockwise, it means things are okay with the chakra.
- When it moves counterclockwise, the chakra’s spinning, but in the opposite direction.
- When the pendulum is completely still or moves only in small circles, that chakra isn’t very active.
- When the chakra moves in large circles, it is way too active.
- When it moves in a moderate circle and clockwise, the chakra is just fine.
Opening Your Chakras
Whenever you are feeling a bit off, stressed out, or just down, it could be that your chakras are blocked, and therefore, the energy does not flow freely in your body and mind. Here is how to open your chakras:
When you meditate, you get in touch with the dimensionally larger aspect of your being, which allows you to connect to the boundless energy around you. This practice allows you to eliminate the troublesome thoughts and emotions that block your energy from the free flow. As you meditate, you allow clean,
new energy to begin to circulate within and around you as your chakras open, thanks to this practice.
To meditate, simply pick a time of day and ask not to be disturbed. Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Sit up in a comfy chair, shut your eyes, part your lips slightly, and pay attention to your breathing. Breathe in, filling your belly and lungs with air. Hold that breath for a couple of seconds and then release it slowly through your slightly parted lips. When thoughts distract you, know it’s not a big deal. Be glad you noticed and return your attention to your breathing. Never beat yourself up for getting distracted. The fact that you notice each time your mind wanders is progress.
Yoga is great for getting the energy in your body moving again. Each pose does wonders for each chakra. For your root chakra, do child’s pose, warrior 1, tree pose, and eagle pose. The sacral chakra or svadhisthana benefits from pigeon pose, goddess pose, and dancer’s pose. For your solar plexus, try out the boat pose and mountain pose. Sun salutations also get the energy moving in that chakra. For your anahata, you should do the up-dog, camel, and cobra poses. Your throat chakra will open when you make the shoulder stand and headstand—both supported—and when you circle your neck. For your third eye, you want to practice the cat and cow pose and the easy and child’s poses. Finally, for your crown chakra, do the corpse pose (also called savasana) and the headstand.
3.Use Affirmations and Mantras:
Mantras are words that have power in them. They’re mystical in origin and have various effects. Affirmations are also wonderful to help you open your chakras for more energy flow. You can use both as you meditate, or you can simply use them all through your day by saying them in your mind or out loud. To open your root chakra, chant the mantra “Lam” over and over as you meditate. For your sacral chakra, “Ram” is the mantra to chant. Chant “Yam” to open and balance your heart chakra. “Ham” will unblock your throat chakra, while “Aum” (or “Om”) will clear out your third eye. Finally, for the sahasrara, you don’t chant. You just listen. Listen to the moment, to all sounds you hear.
Don’t try to pick them out. Just be still and be aware of how each sound makes up one sound.
4.Use Creative Visualization:
This is a great way to clear out all energetic blocks within you. Get relaxed, either on your favorite chair or a comfy bed. If you can, get out in nature and just lie on the grass, soaking up that good energy all around you. Next, shut your eyes and begin to think of colors and snapshots that remind you of happiness, goodness, and love. As you lay there, you can also imagine yourself being in a place that makes you incredibly happy. Next, imagine a flower that matches each of your chakras. See their petals opening and becoming more vibrant, deeper in color and beauty. Do this for each chakra.
Most of us breathe on autopilot, without having to think about it. This is by design, and it’s a good thing you don’t have to worry about it; otherwise, in today’s distraction laden culture, you would forget to breathe. To open and balance your chakras, you should learn to breathe consciously.
First, sit somewhere quiet and relax. No distractions. Now, you’re going to breathe in, and as you do, direct your awareness to your root chakra. Imagine a divine, white light going into your root chakra as you inhale, charging it, waking it up. As you exhale, imagine that your chakra expels dark energy and feels freer. Do this until the root chakra is a clear, vibrant red in your visualization. Now repeat this process with the sacral chakra, moving through all the others until you reach the crown.
If there’s someone you’re holding a grudge against, you need to forgive them. If you’re drowning in regret, angry at yourself or someone else, grieving over the loss of a loved one or something special, you will need to learn to let it all go. Forgive yourself, and forgive others, so you can set yourself free. Otherwise, holding on to these murky emotions will block your chakras. If you think, “Blocked chakras, so what? Big whoop, life sucks,” well, these blockages can begin to affect you physically, and you could get nasty diseases and illnesses, which you definitely could do without. So, let go. Do what you must to let go. You could do a ritual, cry, move your body, meditate, spend more time with mother nature, or get a pet and learn to channel love to it. You could also get help from a professional who can help you see your way through moving on for the better.
This is a little too underrated. Gratitude is amazing because there’s no better, faster way to banish bad vibes, boost your energy, give your chakras a cleanse, and attract even more things to be grateful for in life. Gratitude is an abundance magnet like you wouldn’t believe! So, when you wake up in the morning—or whenever you wake up, if you’re a night owl—you should take the time to think about all the things you are thankful for in your life. Feel appreciation for the lover in your bed or the fact that you’ve got a bed. Feel thankful for the food you’ll eat, the great friends you have, and how you earn money. Feel thankful for all things, great and small. It helps to have a journal where you can list such things. Not a fan of journals? Then there’s an app for you, some of which even offer daily reminders to make an entry.
Crystals are like mother nature’s version of a biofilter and batteries. They, as well as gemstones, can help your chakras resume their normal operations unimpeded so that Chi can flow through you, keeping you at ease, energetic, and in the flow. Consider using hematite for your root chakra, citrine for the solar plexus, rose quartz for your anahata, chrysocolla or lapis lazuli for your throat, sodalite to clear your third eye, and amethyst for your crown chakra.
As mentioned, your chakras each have a color and vibration. Think of it as a rainbow of sorts, with a red root chakra, an orange sacral chakra, a yellow solar plexus, a green heart, a blue throat, an indigo thor eye, and a violet crown. To balance them, you can simply wear the colors that match each of these in the form of crystals, bangles, bracelets, clothing, and so on. You can also burn candles that match the chakra you want to balance out. Consider eating more foods that match that chakra color.
You could also get a crystal bed lit up with various colors representing your chakras.